Friday, April 30, 2010

Dead Man on Motorcycle

I don't know if any of you will agree with me at the end of this post, but I found this appalling. I found this at CNN. A 22 year old man had recently passed away, and for his funeral he was posed on his motorcycle...yes I said a dead man was placed on a motorcycle just like he was a statue. Some people might say that this is what he and his family wanted, but I find it too much. I think that there are some lines that should not be crossed, and this is one of them. This is not the first time that this same funeral home has done something to this effect. On another occasion they posed a man standing against a wall. This was completely up to the deceased and his family, but I think that maybe there needs to be some guidelines put into play. I just think that it is degrading.

Another thing that was talked about in this video was the different types of caskets that can be made according to what you want. I think that this might be a better choice if you are wanting something to help personalize your funeral, but there were some that were still questionable for me. I mean who wants to be buried in a coke bottle or a shoe...a little crazy if you ask me.

After watching this video, I was curious to see if there were other strange ways that people would choose to bury themselves. It turns up there are many. This site shows 8 unconventional ways to bury a deceased. From a few examples of turning the carbon from humans into a diamond ring or turning the carbon into a set of pencils, to turning their ashes into fireworks and shooting them off into the sky. I guess some people want to be creative, but this is just not for me.

So after watching and reading about this new information, I would like to know what everybody else thought about these different ways of celebrating someones life they lived here on earth. Do you agree or disagree? I think that it would be interesting to see all of the different responses.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of the diamond one. My niece wants to make her dads ashed into a diamond when he passes. I have also heard of the tatto ink one that was on the site. My sister in law wanted to do that when her cousin died. I have also heard of making the ashes into vases. I had a friend that, when her dad died, her sister bought little bottles with corks in the lids as well as a loop to hang it by, and they put his ashes in these necklaces. When my baby sister was 5 months pregnant she delivered her baby girl in her living her room floor. Unfortuanetly, the baby died. We were able to have a funeral and everything. Since she was so small, about the size of a soda can, the funeral home suggested cremation would be better. They advised us that there wouldn't be many ashes so we did the necklace thing for her as well. There was enough ashes to fill three 1/2 inch tall bottles for necklaces.

    ReplyDelete