Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Wonderful Brother

Well, this week has been a little rough. Today marks one year after my brother passed away in a car accident. He was such a great guy and would help a stranger on the street if they needed it. He loved his family. Knowing that he is in a better place and that we will get to see him again helps us all get through the rough times. I thought that I might just talk about some of the things that I remember about my brother (Steven). I think that writing about him and remembering all of the fun times is a good way to ease the pain.

One thing I remember for some reason is how my brother and sister used to sneak into my room and watch WCW. You see, my mom told us we weren't supposed to watch it but we thought it was completely awesome, especially Steven. Usually the next day he was trying those moves on us while jumping on the trampoline. My sister and I didn't like it so much then. Another thing that we all loved doing was going to the creek. We would spend many summer weekends there. Steven would always find some way to entertain all of us. Steven also loved basketball. His favorite team was KU, yes I forgive him for this...lol, but he played all of the time. Due to his love for basketball and just trying crazy things, I always remember him having a broken bone or something hurting. (2 broken collar bone, 1 broken foot, one broken ankle, 1 broken arm, torn ACL, as many stitches as you can imagine, and who knows what else) I remember on one occasion he told my mom that his foot hurt pretty bad, but she just told him to walk it off. He walked it off for a week, still hurting, so they went to the doctor. Sure enough, it was broke. He was so accident prone. Steven also had a love for animals. His favorite animal ever was Reggie, a collie dog. Reggie was supposed to be for all of us when my parents bought him, but after about a month you could tell who his favorite was :) Besides Reggie, Steven had a couple more dogs, a few cats (just because he saved them when they were babies), a hamster, gerbils, many different lizards, and probably more that I just don' t remember.

I could go on and on, but there is just not enough time in the day. My brother was an amazing person and I was so blessed to have him in my life. I miss him so much, but I know that I will be seeing him again in a much better place than this. I can't wait to see his amazing smile again! I love you Steven, my sweet baby brother!

1 comment:

  1. I remember last year when Amber told me what happened. I hadn't seen Steven in years but it was still so unbelievable. It's always so sad when someone dies so young. He was a great guy, I'm sure he's watching over you all. :)

    ReplyDelete