Friday, April 30, 2010

Trash to Treasure

Yes I am posting this a little late but here it is. I am having a rummage sale tomorrow, May 1st, during the Seneca City Wide. Since the town has only one main street that goes through, I am sure you will be able to find me...lol. Anyway, I have a ton of little girl clothes from size 3 months up to size 6, and little boy clothes from size 3 months up to size 2. There are plenty of toys, a toddler bed, some high chairs (they need a little TLC, but still usable), and much more. In the spirit of this post I thought I would share some good things about turning someone else's junk into your treasure.

I like to find old things and make them new. I would love it even more if I had more time, but that is besides the point. My favorite is old furniture. You can do so much with a cool piece of furniture, some paint, and a few tools and accessories. I am getting ready to turn an old desk into a masterpiece for my daughter. Instead of spending $150 for a new one, I will only spend about $40, and it will be custom just for her. Now I am not an artist, so if you are thinking that you can't do something like this...you are wrong. It just takes a little practice, and most of the time I like my mess-ups more than what I had planned anyway.

If you are stuck on ideas, here are a few suggestions. This site has 6 ways to take things and use them as something else. My favorite is turning an old door into a table. You can even turn an old door into a picture holder, it's so cute. This site shows you how to use old license plate covers for magazine holders. They would be great for a boys room. Plus it is from HGTV, so what is not to love. This site is actually advertising their craft store, but you can get some good ideas at just looking. That is how I get a lot of my ideas by just looking at different pictures and putting them all together.

Now that your creative juices are flowing, get out there and make a masterpiece. Oh and don't forget to come tomorrow!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I might actually take you up on the garage sale. I need find some play clothes for my 3 year old daughter. I hate paying for new clothes so that she can go outside and ruin them in a matter of hours.

    ReplyDelete