Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cheerleading!!!!!!!

So this has been the week of cheerleading tryouts at the high school in my town. I went through high school cheering, and then my younger sister did as well. I thought the stresses of tryout week were over for a while, until my cousin informed me that she wanted to tryout this year. She will be a freshman, so now back to 4 more years of tryouts every April. This is not exactly a bad thing though, since I love cheerleading!

Like I mentioned before, tryouts can be a very stressful week. There are clinics every day and then it's back home that evening and practice some more. But...yet again it has paid off. She made it!!!! She was very excited, and so are we. Let's take a run down of all that happens during this fun yet crazy week.

The first day of clinics are jam packed. You learn a cheer, a dance, a chant, the fight song, and of course all of the girls names that you meet. All of this is on top of your own cheer and practicing on your jumps and tumbling. It sounds a little overwhelming, and it is to begin with, but that is what all the practice is for. Your muscles are sore and your body is aching, but you find some way to keep going.

The week is over, but the fun has just begun for my cousin. More friendships will begin, and a lifetime of memories have already started to evolve. Congratulations Samantha!! We love you and are very proud! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment