Friday, April 2, 2010

Eating Tips

I have been doing a lot of late night studying and homework, and I have found myself wanting to eat while I am doing it. This is not good if you are like me and eating chocolate candies and drinking sweet tea, so I thought that I would post some websites that I found when trying to come up with a solution.

This one has 10 good tips for the college student. I love the popcorn suggestion...Great snack!

I found this article to be very interesting. My mother always told me not to eat late because it was bad for your health, and it would make you gain weight faster. This article helps to explain why this is could be true. Don't forget to check out the tips at the bottom of the page. What do you guys think about drinking a warm cup of lemon water or an herbal tea with raw honey??

I liked this one because it mentioned Ramen Noodles, which were my friends #1 food their freshman year. Did you know that one package contains 910 milligrams of salt? That is crazy

Hope some of these help! :)

2 comments:

  1. Another tip that might sound slightly counter-intuitive relates to the first tip in the first article you cited. A recent study showed that eating a fried food (eggs, sausage, etc) for breakfast will help prime the body to burn lipids for the rest of the day. So eating some fatty foods at the start of the day could help you burn fat later.

    Another tip concerning honey and tea. Don't mix in the honey while the tea is hot. Honey is made mostly from the sugar fructose which is temperature unstable. So If you pour in honey while the tea or herbal tea is too hot you'll get all the calories of honey but a lot less flavor. So you should wait till the tea is warm instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard anything about the honey and tea until I read that article. I actually tried it and hated it, but it is probably because I added it right after I boiled it. I am so going to try it your way to see if it is better!

    ReplyDelete