Friday, April 2, 2010

Precious Moments and the love of Christ

Precious Moments held their Easter egg hunt today, with a lot of games and prizes to go along with it. Despite the rain, the kids still had a blast. There was a coloring contest, face painting, crafts, pictures with the Easter bunny, and much more. It was a day full of fun, but it also reminded me the importance of letting my children know what the true meaning of Easter actually is. I feel like too many times we get caught up in the fun and make-believe, and forget that if it wasn't for our Christ's death and Resurrection, we would have no faith or the greatest gift of all, salvation.

I thought that this would be a good time to share my beliefs and tell everyone what Christianity means to me. I grew up in a family that was pretty involved in our church. We went every Sunday and Wednesday. I loved G.A.'s and Bible Drills, but my favorite was summer camp. This was even more so when I was a little older, around 12 or so. It was just a part of our life, but at the time I really didn't have a close relationship with Christ. I believe that for true salvation I must confess that I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus died for me, and I believe that God raised him from the dead so that he could be my savior. I also feel that I have to have a personal relationship with Christ. When I was 8, I said a prayer and asked Jesus to come into my heart and into my life. I can't explain the type of feeling that I had, other than amazing! I was 8 but I can still remember the way I felt the day I was saved. I could not wait to tell everyone that I knew. I feel that it was this moment that Christ saved me and wiped away all of my sins, but I also feel that I lacked a close and personal relationship with him. There were many times, and still are many times, when I would fall away from the way that God wants me to live. High school was a hard time for me. I felt that my beliefs made me look awkward or not part of what was cool. This led to some hard years of not following the Lord, and also led me to make some wrong decisions. I also think that from these decisions I have come closer to Christ again. Recently, I have rededicated my life to the Lord. I want to live for him and spread his word the way that he wants me to. I also want my children to see a mother practice what she preaches.

It's a little hard to explain all of my feelings in a blog, but I think a good explanation would be trust in Jesus, believe and confess that he is Lord, and share all that you can with anyone and everyone. All people will fall and make mistakes, but when you have Jesus in your life you will be comforted and in the end receive eternal life. I hope that everyone has a wonderful Easter Sunday! If anyone would like to attend a church service on Sunday, we would love to see you at Buffalo Creek Baptist Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment