Friday, March 19, 2010

Teachers are Great!!

I have always had a passion for working with children. I have taught preschool in the past and my major is in elementary education, so I tend to favor teachers and what they do anyway. This semester I am favoring them even more. All of my teachers this semester have been very understanding and generous to say the least. Not only is Ms. Chism dropping the last paper, she is also extending paper 3. I was dreading taking my Eng 271 class because of what I had heard, but it turns out that it has been one of my favorites, and she as well has made changes in our favor. I get to drop a test in another class, and my fourth one is just interesting. I think that it is safe to say that I have been incredibly lucky so far, and a big THANKS to all!

I stated before that I loved teaching. I think that it is very rewarding when a child realizes that they can accomplish something new. I am so looking forward to the day that I can start being a part of this experience. For me, kindergarten is the grade that is most desirable to teach. My husband says that it is because I am a child at heart and that I can relate to them easily. As much as I hate to agree with him, it is probably the truth. I just think that it is amazing how much these young children can learn. It is such a transformation from the beginning of the school year to the end, and they actually want and love to learn. They haven't yet entered the I don't want to go to school faze.

I have to admit that another reason I think it would be great to be a teacher is the summer time off. I mean, who doesn't envy a teacher when they drive by on their way to work and Ms. Smith is loading up the car for a day of play. Ok, maybe Dr. Johnson who makes an extra digit, but that does not count...lol. Another reason it would be good for me to have summer's off is the fact that I have my own classroom of kids at home. It will be great not worrying about trying to find a babysitter all summer for the kiddos.

Overall, I feel that teaching is a great occupation, and for me it's the best. A long overdue Thank You goes out to all of the teachers who are ready to inspire our future generations!
Thank You!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment