Friday, March 12, 2010

Airplane tips cont....

Motion sickness was something that I was worried about. There a lot of things out there that can help with this. It is better for a child to be sucking during tAkeoff so giving a baby a bottle is good. A young child can chew gum or have a sucker. There are even suckers that have something in them to help with motion sickness.
After finding these websites, I am a little more prepared for this next adventure, but only our own experience will tell all. Hawaii here we come!

2 comments:

  1. I read your comment that it is supposed to be better for a child to be sucking during takeoff. Why is that? Is it similar for adults? Maybe I'll pick up a lolly-pop for my plane ride to Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pressure in our ears changes from the different altitudes and when you are sucking or chewing it counteracts this pressure so that it doesn't hurt so bad. It is definitely the same for adults. I always chew one of those big pieces of bubblicious bubble gum. There are some people that use special ear plugs and also the Afrin nose spray. I have not tried these but others seem to think it helps.

    ReplyDelete