Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Get rich, get thin -- or get real?

Check it out here

I found this article on CNN. When I first started to read it, I could tell that it was talking about another type of multi-level business. I am very against most of these types of companies, but I decided to read on to see if this one was any different. It's product was body slimming undergarments from the company Ardyss International. Their claims are that you can wear it and get thin, or you can sell it and get rich. In this type of business distributors make money through sales. You can make even more if you recruit more distributors under you and so on. Most of these companies hold rallies where the highest ranked people in the business tell of their success stories and how you can do it too. They claim how in times like these people need more ways to make money and that their company is going to be the answer. Stephen Calkins, a law professor, says that you have to be careful with these type of companies. You should check their credibility. He also suggests that you understand that the success stories you hear are very unlikely. He says it is true that a few people will hit it big, but most will make very little, nothing, or even lose more money than they make.

After reading this entire article, I still feel the same as before. I don't feel that a multi-level business can earn everyone millions of dollars. I agree with Stephen Calkins when he says you have to be very cautious as to what you spend your money on. If you have to take out a large portion of money to get started, and then you are asking others to do the same, it would make me very nervous. How will this type of business earn you the same amount of income in the long run? Eventually, you would have to believe that it would just run out. Then you would have to find some other way to get rich quick. I stand firm on saying that a business like this would not work for me.

1 comment:

  1. More reaction, please--your reaction is supposed to be at least double the length of your summary.

    ReplyDelete