Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Best Days For Shopping Discounts

Check it out here

I found this story on abc news. Everyone is always trying to find good deals. In this story it tells you different days of the week to buy certain items. For example it starts by saying it is best to buy plane tickets on Wednesday morning. Airlines start their sales on Friday and they are constantly competing with other airlines but by Wednesday they are going to give you the best deal. Also, they said the best day to book a hotel room would be Sunday. There are usually more than one manager there on Sundays so they can find the best rates they have for you. These were just a few examples. They also talked about when to buy gas, cars, dinner out, groceries, entertainment, clothes, department ware stores, and books.

When I saw the headline of this story I had to watch it. I am pretty sure that everyone is always looking for a better bargain. When the story first started I was skeptical. How can there be certain days of the week that are better to buy things? Then it started to make more since later on. If you think about the different things they talked about it made since.

I already explained why it was better to buy plane tickets and hotel reservations, but what about gas. I thought that gas just was what it was. It explains that Thursday mornings before 10:00am are best because of supply and demand. This makes perfect since. More people travel on the weekend so the price is going to go up. It is kind of the same with entertainment. Can you guess when the perfect day to go out for entertainment is? Wednesday, no one is out on Wednesdays. Many places give great discounts on this day just to get people in. A major money saver for me is clothes. I always try to hit the sales, but like they mentioned in this story, you never know when they are going to pop up. One big day is long weekends, but another important day is the night before. Most employees are already down pricing the clothes and they will honor those prices. Plus you get first pick before everyone else gets through them. I was very excited to see another perspective on saving money. To begin with I was skeptical, but now I see how you can save money by watching different days of the week. I am definitely going to try and get gas on Thursday mornings and see if their suggestions work.

Saving money is a part of every one's life. There is always another way to try. I enjoy listening and reading about what another person has done to save money. I would love to hear from you if you have any more suggestions. Feel free to post as many as you would like!

No comments:

Post a Comment