Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Boy Hidden In Wall

Check it out here

I found this at abc news. Ricky Chekevdia was found after been missing for 2 years. A fight between custody battle, which ended in favor of Ricky's father, led Ricky's mother to flee and hide with him at her mother's house. He has been there all along. A tip from a witness said that they were hiding him, so the police went in to search. They found Ricky, with his mother, in a crawl space behind the wall. Ricky's mother and grandmother claim that his father sexually abused Ricky, so they had to hide him. There was no evidence of this. Ricky is in a safe place now, not yet with his father. Child welfare workers are making sure that everything is alright before he can see him again.

My first reaction is how can someone keep a child from being seen for 2 years. After reading the article I found out that there were several secret cutouts and passageways in the house. They say that he didn't live in these, they were just there if they needed to hide him. I also wondered if the claims on the father of sexually abusing him were true. He was never made take a polygraph test, and refuses to take one now. He says there is no need since he was already aquited of the charges. My feelings are who cares. If you didn't do it then prove it. I hate that this boy has had to take on so much at a young age, and I also hope that he ends up in a loving family, which he deserves.

There are so many what ifs in this story, that it is hard to take sides with anybody. The mother was wrong for abducting her son when she found out that the father had custody, but if the accusations are true about his father, I would want my son as far away as possible also. There is also no way that a child should be locked in a house forever. The neighbors say that there was no sign of him being there, so he couldn't had been let outside much, if at all. I also don't agree with the father not taking the polygraph test. I think that it is best for everyone to know the truth. The only person I have to agree with in this story is Ricky. He is a very bright and courageous little boy. I wish him the best of wishes.

2 comments:

  1. When I read the headline, “Boy hidden in wall” I thought the worst. It might just be me but I was thinking that they found a child who was killed and buried in the wall. With that being said, as bad as what happened was I was relieved. It seems like in a custody case the children are always the ones who get the brunt of the problems caused by the adults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sorry for this little boy. Like you said it is unfortunate he has had to take on so much at a very young age. I think there may be problems with both parents. I think it is suspicious that the father won't take the polygraph test and I think there must have been something wrong in order for them to remove him from his mother's care. Hopefully he can have normal, happy life from here on out.

    ReplyDelete