Friday, February 26, 2010

Angels on earth

I have always been the girl who wanted to have a lot of children. I can remember playing house with my sister, and I would always have to have at least 3 babies. I think that a lot of this comes with growing up in a large family with a lot of kids. My mom and dad had 3 children, we had 15 cousins, and we all got together for any occasion. I guess you could say it was always a full house. Well, I think that my wish was granted. I married into a loving family, who has plenty of children to love, but the best gift of all are my own children.

My oldest daughter, Taigan Alexis, is 6. She just started kindergarten this year, and I am convinced she is the smartest child ever (yes, I am a little partial...lol!). In all honesty though, she is very smart, loves anything that is school related, writes poems and songs, and loves to do anything that is creative, such as drawing, painting, or playing with clay. She says that she wants to be a teacher when she grows up, and I know that she will make a great one! She also loves to dance, cheer, and do gymnastics. If it is girly, count her in. Whatever she does it has to be the best.

Next in line is my 4 year old, Tailey Zane. She has an imagination like no other. She can turn cereal boxes and food cans into a beautiful castle that is fit for a queen. She loves to play make believe and her favorite movies are The Chronicles of Narnia, go figure. She also loves to dance and cheer, but definitely has some athleticism about her. She can take her daddy in a wrestling match any day, and likes to play catch outside. She also likes to play school, and loves learning anything new and challenging.

My final baby girl, Tailor Nicole, is 2, but acts like she is 6. With her older sister's doing everything that big girls do, of course she has to follow. I feel like she has grown up way to fast. She is definitely a sweetie, but don't let that fool you, she can take up for herself anytime. She loves to talk, especially if it's on the phone. If there is makeup around, it will be on her face in less than a minute, and would wear a tutu and a crown everyday if I let her.

Last but not least, is my 1 year old son, Bowden Blaine. He is by far the king of the house. If he wants it he gets it. The girls will do anything for him, and he has definitely figured this out. He is all boy! I find it amazing how different it is to raise a boy, after I have had 3 girls. He loves cars, tractors, dirt, rocks, mud, pretty much anything that will make you dirty and destroy. He is also a lover and a big mommas boy. He could give a million kisses a day, and he does.

I feel like my children are angels on earth. There are times that get frustrating, but all of the other moments make up for those times. I am ready to take on this journey of raising my children the way that God has intended. Sure there will be times that we fall, but that will only make us all stronger and help us to learn from those mistakes. I absolutely love my children with all that have, and every moment I share with them makes me love them even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment