Monday, November 30, 2009

Branson, Mo for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was wonderful this year! Like always, I stuffed myself until I couldn't breathe, and then stuffed myself again. It is actually a trend that has been ongoing all weekend. I really need to make it stop. After the turkey was over though, I had to come home and pack. Do you know how hard it is to pack for a family of 6, even when you are just going for one night? I was exhausted. Anyway, I was packing for our fun filled Branson trip that was ahead of us. I myself and the kids were very excited, but as for my husband, well let's just say that he has never felt the love for Branson.

Friday morning arrived and we loaded the bus. Yes, I did say bus. My entire family was going; aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmas and grandpas, and so on. Lucky for us, my father-in-law owns the charter buses, so we have them at hand when needed. We loaded up and off we went. For me, the ride to Branson gets longer every year. I don't know why that happens, but it's true.

Branson was as much fun as I expected, and guess what, my husband even enjoyed himself, especially after I dragged him onto the barn swing. After that there was no getting him off. The kids had fun too, even though the hoppy frogs won once again. One of these days my children will not be crying when they get off the frogs. I guess it was a step up from last year, they didn't have to stop the ride just to let us off...lol. As the night came upon us, the lights were as beautiful as ever. The parade was wonderful and we even saw Santa! It was a great day, but we had to get back to the hotel to rest. The next day would bring even more excitement.

The next day was a surprise to us all. My mother-in-law had a show lined up for us, but she wouldn't tell anyone which show it was. As we drove to the destination, everyone was on the edge of their seats awaiting the great surprise. Then, I saw one of the most beautiful buildings in Branson: The Sights and Sounds Theatre. I was so excited, we were going to see the Christmas Story. The show was amazing! I would tell anyone who has not been there, it is something that needs to be seen. I can't wait to go back to see the Noah show. After the show, we all decided to go to the Branson Landing. I finally started on a few Christmas presents, but need many many more. We made our way through the lights on The Sheppard of the Hills and back home we went.

I would have to say that our Branson trip was a success this year. There are always so many new surprises. I hope that everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

Happy Holidays!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great thing to do on Thanksgiving! It sounds like you have a close family and you all have a lot of fun. Someday I should put something like that together for my family... my husband might not think it's the greatest thing, but he will want to eat with us, so I guess he would still go. lol

    ReplyDelete