Friday, May 7, 2010

Pets and their accesories

I was trying to find something different that was going on in my area of the world to blog about, and came up with this next blog due to a picture my grandma showed me of her dog. The dog was wearing a pink dress with matching bows, and of course a sparkly collar. I agree that it was adorable, but are some people starting to go too far with this doggie extravaganza.

I have to admit that I have been one of those people who have bought a doggie outfit and some accessories for my mom's little dog. What is bad is that it's a boy, but they were so cute! That is beside the point though. I think that some of this pampering is just fine, but I also came across some things that I thought were a bit over the top. For instance, this site sells everything needed for puppies and dogs, from clothes, dog dishes, and beds; it's a little overwhelming how many things there are for dogs. What is even more overwhelming are the price tags that are attached. I mean do pets really need several outfits that cost $50, and that is not including the accessories or the leash that you can buy for $80.

Another thing that has me a little confused is why some people actually spend money on a pet spa day. Our pets can now receive massages, get bathed with special shampoos, "socialize" with other pets while waiting on their personal stylist, and many others. In Summerville, Massachusets, Pet Spa is the name of one of these upscale Spas for dogs. They even have a pet boutique where they can shop for whatever their pet desires. Personally, I think that this is way too far. I believe in keeping your pet clean and taking them to the vet if needed. I also think that if you are away, a pet sitter is justifiable, but not a day at the spa.

I know that there are probably some of you out there that believe that this pet pampering is just fine, and I say if that is for you then go for it. For me, I think it's a little crazy. Either way it's everybody's personal preference and their is not going to be any way that their minds will be changed, and that goes for both sides. If you are quite fond of your pet, then here is a contest at cnn that you could enter them in.

Oh, and don't forget...Have your pet spayed and neutered! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's ridiculous how much money people spend on dressing their pets! There is this little boutique in Fayetteville near the mall (I can't remember the name) and their prices never cease to amaze me but more amazing is that people buy that stuff, and buy it like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really thought about doing all that stuff with my dogs. They each have there collar for about $10 a piece but that is about it for accessories. But I did just build a 6 ft fence for my dogs because my Boxer kept jumping the 4 ft fence. But the fence was also for the rest of the family as well.

    ReplyDelete